Everybody should.


I didn't really keep on track of much world's news these days after the nuclear leakage in Fukushima cause I've been travelling to few places so when yesterday I came across this news on riots in Afganistan over the burning of Muslims holy Quran in Florida, I thought it was sorta outdated. Wasn't it already happen in last year or so? Or was it few years back Idk the headlines seem familiar. It was on April 2nd when I read that so I thought perhaps it was just another not so frickin funny April prank led by a Christian guy in USA but really, it did happen.


Don't worry you may keep reading I'm not gonna retell the whole incident just enough if you could get the gist of what is been going on in Afgan.


20 innocent people were killed in that riots and while the killings are increasing, some people in the other parts of the world seem to start agreeing that the lets-burn-the-holy-Quran-day is, perhaps, would be a better idea to counter attack the Muslims for such violence. You might wanna read it all here, really. I cursed upon reading them oh this poor thing they are such narrow minded people blergh. pathetic.


When I woke up this morning I tried to make sense of everything I dreamt the night before after reading the news; it was something to do with trying-to-stand-for-what-you-think-it's -right aaaahh Idk how to put it in words really. But it was like..


Nicole, Charlotte and I were in a place chatting and talking (Idk where it was but it looked like somewhere in Middle East..say Egypt?) when an Afgan guy barged in with guns and grenades and tried to shoot dead them two. His reason was simple; they are Christians and they should be killed cause the other Christians had burnt the holy Quran in Florida so to him every Christians he found should be killed. I tried to mediate - hailed him to stop and tell him that this isn't the right way to solve thing and they are just innocent, but that armed guy accused me of being unfaithful Muslim I should be ashamed to God and for that I should be dead too.
Dead cause I backed my friends up.
Dead cause I believe that violence and terrorism wouldn't solve a thing but rather worsen things more.
Dead cause I disagree with him that Islam is much more than just harshness and violence.


So he did shoot me dead. Right into my chest I could feel the bang and the bullet going through my flesh everything was so real. But always in dreams I tend to pretend as if I'm dead eventhough I'm not (does this happen to you as well?) so I stumbled down, face fell flat on the floor as if .. I'm real dead. As I watched he killed my two flatmates I started to ponder; Why? Where is the mercy, forgiveness and peace our Prophet Muhammad s.a.w has taught us?


I agree that we should do something and react when our religion is harmed, we have to fight and stand for what is right for us but killing the innocent lives will never solve a thing.


Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)


The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}2 And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}3



It made me think and really it intrigues me to know more about this jihad issues and how to deal with such religious threats (read the link). I used to feel intimidated when foreigners condemned and associated my religion with terrorism and craps (it happened once and I totally freaked out). Now that I'm living with people of different races and different religions it made me realize that I need to have that kind of explanation prepared so that when such thing happen again I'll know what to explain to them without offencing their religions and believes. Cause to me I do believe that everyone deserves to know what the real Islam is.




Comments

fadhillahbakren said…
Great issue you brought up here Nako :)

p/s: Maybe we should bring this up during our discussion.
Nako Abdullah said…
sure, I was thinking to suggest this issue as well! can't wait! :))

Popular Posts